Jane’s letter to Lisbon (this is my best shot at reading it):
(I can’t make out anything in the first paragraph, so this is the 2nd and 3rd paragraphs)
"I’ve found a tailor, Chip. A real bespoke kind (?) of thing to(?) explain what I want, he doesn’t agree and then he does it anyway. Despite his sometimes poor taste, his work is excellent. I think you might be surprised at the look. Maybe one day you’ll get to see it. Let’s just say, I’ve gone native.
I’ve been meaning to apologize for leaving you on the beach that night. You being absent is the one thing that makes this new chapter strange and sad.
- U no hoo”
1. Must work directly with Teresa Lisbon.
2. All criminal charges must be dropped.
3. Transportation must be provided by FBI… (..)
4. Adequate supply of tea at all times. Twinnings english or scottish breakfast and other brands acceptable.
5. A workspace to my specification will be provided (couch inclined)
6. In addition to salary all expenses of employment including but not limited to travel meals, books and all other incidentals will be paid for by the FBI.
The way he just drinks her in and can’t stop looking at her is just…
It’s like we’re being told that, despite the fact that he left paradise and is now in a sterile environment, about to do stuff he doesn’t really want to again, it’s all worth it because she’s there and that is enough. He’s figured out what really matters to him and he can’t wait to start his new life at her side.
I hope this finds you well. All is well here.
I have my routines. The weather has finally turned. It’s a little cooler, far from cold. But the ocean’s still warm. And with the warm ocean currents comes an abundance of sea-life. Just yesterday, I watched a pod of dolphins play so close to shore I can almost touch them. They’re the kind of things I think you’d enjoy.
I’ve been meaning to apologise for leaving you on the beach that night. You being absent is the one thing that makes this new chapter strange and sad.
U No Hoo